We appreciate your trust in us to keep your information safe and secure. This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect and how it is used.
Controllers of Personal Information
DSL Developments, 4 Burton Gates, High Catton, York, YO41 1ND, UK is the data controller of personal information collected and processed through DSL Developments.
What Personal Information About Customers Does DSL Developments Collect?
We collect and store some personal information in order to provide you delivery of our products.
The following type of information are collected by us:
- Information Given to Us by You: We receive and store your email id, name, phone number, mobile number, billing and shipping address. You can choose not to provide certain information but this will result in non-delivery of your order. We do not store your credit card information with us.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store some automated information when you use our services. These include cookies, other unique identifiers, analytics, interaction with our products, browser information, IP addresses etc.
For What Purposes Does DSL Developments Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to process your orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers, if any.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our products and services.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with DSL Developments.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For instance, we collect your IP Address, browser details etc. for legal purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to DSL Developments via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers and DSL Developments. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does DSL Developments Share Your Personal Information?
Your information is an important part of our business and we do not sell your information to others. We share your information only as described below. These third parties are either subject to this Privacy notice or follow practices that are as protective as those explained in this privacy notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through DSL Developments. For example, you can order products from third parties through our website and app.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results, processing payments, transmitting content and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that DSL Developments or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of DSL Developments and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of DSL Development, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data and are PCI DSS certified.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
DSL Developments may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services and they are bound by their own privacy notices. We do not share your information with these parties.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history on the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as address, email and phone numbers. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please mention this while ordering with us. If you don't want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us.
Are Children Allowed to Use DSL Development?
We doesn't sell products for purchase by children. If you're under 18, you may use our services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of DSL Development websites, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at DSL Developments or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Further, the data protection officer for the above mentioned data controllers can be contacted at email@example.com.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.